Photo Gallery

...

Pages Tab

                           

Saturday 11 April 2015

Being unemployed is not a bad thing

"Being unemployed is the true test of who you really are."

Some may realized that for a year I did not use any social media.  However at the same time, I was still unemployed and actively looking for a job. It took me quite a long time before I secure a suitable career. 

Being unemployed is not a bad thing.  It does have the pros & cons, but personally I believe things happen for a reason and if God has better plans I just have to try harder and be patient.

Surprising Benefits of Being Unemployed

Take advantage of your free time

Remember when you wanted to do adventurous things but couldn't take the time off? Well, now you can! I always wanted to explore Singapore and spend more time with my mother.  Hence, we made advance plans so that we could save $ but at the same time had fun.

Learn to surrender
Some of us have been sending out resumes and going to job interview many times. There’s not much you can do except to wait and persevere. Being "forced" to wait teaches you that you aren’t always going to be in control of your life. 

Learn to identify yourself in different ways
Some people solely define themselves by what their profession is. What happens when you don’t have that awesome job anymore? Being unemployed forces you to look deep inside yourself to figure out who you really are.  

I always wanted to be on the front line but than it does not suit me. Well I am able to comprehend myself and look for other opportunity.

Practice gratitude
No matter how dire your situation, there is always something to be thankful for. You've always got it better than someone else.

Take the time to really think about the great things you have going on in your life. Do you have a wonderful and supportive family? Do you have a roof over your head and enough food to eat?

I did and I'm happy with things are at present!

Even if you've been unemployed for more than a few months, don’t lose hope. Sit back, relax and reflect on how you've grown personally through this experience. Just because you might not be getting ahead in your career doesn't mean you haven’t grown in other parts of your life.

However don't make the benefits as an excuse not to try harder in order to have your dream job.
  
Keep trying! Hwaiting!

XoXo,
Wilin May

No comments:

Post a Comment