Photo Gallery

...

Pages Tab

                           

Thursday 9 April 2015

Welcome to Instagram!

"The more social media we have, the more we think we're connecting, yet we are really disconnecting from each other"

Today I made a decision to re-create Instagram account. I did have the previous a/c but it was left unused. That's right I avoid using Instagram and Facebook for a year and it was a success.

What did I learn throughout the process?

No social media = Family time!
I realized that my parents are growing old and they need our love and attention. Previously during dinnertime or whenever we went out for family outings, my first priority was #OOTD and the camera always kept clicking, which led me to forget to interact more with them.       

Some will say "use less" or "neverrmind, you can multi-task right?" Easier said than done.  

No social media = Improve reading and communicaion
I spent most of my time at the Library.  Not only have free air-con (weather so hot), but there are lots of latest books available for reading pleasure.  At home, I talked a lot (and I do meant A LOT) till my mother can't tahan anymore.
Sorry mum!

No social media = Doing important things
Such as the household chores duh! 

It's up to the individual to define social media, whether its good or bad. Personally, I believe that it can be fun but it can disrupt my life too.  Since I return, I promise that I would use less.

Family is my first priority!


XoXo,

Wilin May

No comments:

Post a Comment